So guys... I want to share this... If you are looking for a change in scenery and you have a little soft spot for Disney, you might want to think about applying for the Disney College Program. You will get college credit. The Disney College Program from what I have heard is something amazing to have on your resume. The program offers on Disney property living, classes to take (this is where you get your college credit), and once in a lifetime Disney experiences.
Oh, I feel like I also need to mention that there are Professional Internships as well. If you have experience in your field you are majoring in, or you just want to simply be brave... apply for one. Do it! I dare you. :) It is just another way for you to get your foot in the door with an awesome company and for you to have a once in a lifetime Disney experience.
I mean seriously, I have already started making a Disney bucket list. Crazy, huh? This I know. I hear it is a tradition of fellow Cast Members. Yes, I said "Cast Members," because that is what all of the people that become a part of Disney are.
I am not going to lie... the toughest thing about taking an offer from Disney is the "Disney Look." It isn't as strict as it used to be. I have heard that at one point you couldn't have any piercings other than ears (for women), no facial hair (for men), and no tattoos. However, with the generations of piercings and tattoos surfacing, I think Disney has left some wiggle room for us. Note: You can have piercings other than your ears (for women. Sorry, men you can't wear your earrings.), you can have facial hair (for men), and you can have tattoos. However, there are rules with this freedom you cannot break. It is a no-brainer... You cannot wear your piercing jewelry in when on the job. You cannot have crazy facial hair. You have to have your tattoos hidden with either your costume or covered with makeup. This is not a job like some places, where you can wear band-aids and look like you have just stepped away from a tragic bicycle accident.
If you want to read about the Disney Look, go here.
----------------> http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/about-disney-college-program/disney-look/
With that being said... I think I need to wrap up.
For those of you possibly interested, here is what'll be coming up.
Oh and these are HILARIOUS!

(Jordan) Congrats on getting the internship! Just remember all us jealous kids landlocked in the middle of the U.S. when you're at the ocean lol
ReplyDelete