So... I was sitting here. My sister-in-law was talking to me about how she visited a daycare today called Dream that is located in Sherwood. She said she went to do some recruiting for her school at Lighthouse Academy. Well, she said when she got there and was looking around that everything was so amazing. The building, the playground, all of the educational tools that they had for the young ones, the works! She then got to talk to the director and guess what guys???? She is a grant writer and that is how she was able to make that daycare as superb as it is. I thought that was awesome!
My sister-in-law was telling me that she is going to try and come to the charter school that she works at and is going to do some 101 training about grants to help them get some of the funds that they need for their school. I asked if I could attend and I cannot wait! If I get the green light and if anyone else is interested, I will keep you posted and if you would like to come and join in on learning MORE about the grant writing process, hit me up!
Plus... it felt good to know that a place needs and actually has been successful in obtaining grants. Shoot... it has inspired me to look into helping my sister-in-law on her grant writing journey. You've got to start somewhere and I would love to get some EXP! I know and hope somebody somewhere would just love to help her obtain books and educational supplies both her and her students need for their classroom.
Guys... I think this is where grant writing might have just got real for me. Oh boy! :)
Awesome opportunity! I'm sure there will be much to learn!
ReplyDeleteThat's how I feel with El Zocalo! It is so much more meaningful when you can see some real applications for your coursework. :)
ReplyDelete