Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue in what direction I am wanting to go...
I was speaking to my mother-in-law about this class and she gave me a couple of options to possibly think about. She is a nurse at Children's in Little Rock and was giving me some possible nonprofit organizations that she knows of and the people that she could put me in contact with about them. On that kind of has been rattling around in my brain, which I believe she called it Candlelight Holders. (Note: I was loading the dishwasher and cleaning house while having this brief conversation and wasn't paying too much attention, so I could have my name of the nonprofit wrong.) Anyway, I did catch that this nonprofit held an event called The Gallery of Hope. Which, I have went and purchased a piece of art from this event. (A very cutesy ceramic star bowl.) At this Gallery of Hope, the children at the hospital actually put their artwork in and there is a silent auction. A live auction happens as well, where select items go beyond a set buyout price. From what I understand, the funds go towards finding cures for childhood cancers and funding art and activities for the children that are at Children's. I could have my information crossed about that previous statement, but yeah. I will have to get my facts together soon.
Not only has this thought crossed my mind, but there is an artist that is trying to find funding at the moment. This artist goes throughout Children's Hospital and decorates the patient's IV poles. I thought this was a neat and kind hearted thought that brings both fun and hope to shine in the rooms of the children. I'm not sure how she would go about seeking the funding that she desires for her cause, but I will say that it is another project that has me interested. I'm not sure how I would go about taking this on as a possible project, but I think that it would be awesome to help her out and her cause. I've seen pictures of what she has done and I just think she does an amazing job. Plus, she makes children smile!
Anyway... just a few thought and ideas that I have trailing at the moment.
I still honestly have no idea where I am going... but at least I have somewhere to somewhat begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment